Monday, November 17, 2008

Alive and kicking

Hello, all. This is Mark with a long-overdue message to you, the audience. Many things have occurred with this film that were, and still are, a surprise to me. We worked with some great actors, met many great local people that were extremely kind and helpful, and took a complete shot in the dark with making a feature film. Here we are, two years later, with a feature film that will soon be released to the public, and I am still reminding myself of how cool this is. Part of what's kept this alive for me has been the interest that everybody has taken in us and the movie. People just asking simple questions like "Are you still making that movie?" has made a big difference for me, in terms of motivation. Another part is that it has been a great experience making this thing, across-the-board. It's been a cool journey with, hopefully, some more road left to travel. I'd like to send many thanks to those of you that frequent the website, MySpace pages, and wherever else the film is getting some play, and for sharing your knowledge of The Road Home with others. My hope for the film is that everybody that sees it will get something out of it, in some way. So, before you bring out the rotten tomatoes and cabbage, give us and our movie a chance to entertain you, and I think you'll be pleased. I look forward to seeing you all at the premiere, whether I know you or not, and I hope you enjoy our film. My apologies for leaving you all high and dry for the past several months, but this movie's gettin' done, son.

Sincerely,

Mark
Director, Co-Producer of The Road Home

P.S. Don't forget! Dec. 4th, 2008 - 7:00 p.m. - The Belcourt Theatre in Nashville, TN - $5 admission. You can't go wrong!

No comments: